Sunday, August 18, 2013

Summer 2013

The summer I decided to be myself.
The summer I decided not to lose the innocence of childhood.
The summer I dreamed of Africa.
The summer we were in the pool and jumped off the ladder for an hour yelling out    movie quotes.
The summer I learned to let go and trust God.
The summer I babysat a little girl.
The summer Josh and Maegan became my best friends.
The summer we decided to buy a lodge.
The summer we played volleyball.
The summer I found Doctor Who.
The summer I began studying personality types.
The summer we read ALL of the time.
The summer we made a Batman movie.
The summer I learned to be content.
The summer Phillip and I discovered NASA documentaries.
The summer I finished my painting.
The summer I began learning discipline and persistence.
The summer Captain America and I became pals.
The summer the blogging-rage hit my family.
The summer I started playing the guitar.
The summer we watched movies on Netflix. A lot.
The summer of late-night revelations.
The summer I decided to learn.
The summer of continual rainy days and mounds of ice-cream.
The summer I did not achieve any of the goals I had set out to do but in the process, accomplished so much more than I could have anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment