airports.
Airports. A place of waiting. A place of thinking. A place of watching. A place of dreaming. Airports are that middle ground between one place and the next--one stage and the next. You can either rush through them or rest in them, pass them in a blur or take the time to rejuvenate.
I feel like airports encapsulate my life at the moment. Shifting from one place to another. Leaving the familiar and traveling to uncharted lands. I am sitting in my own personal life airport, sad to leave one place and nervous to venture to another, yet excited to experience new places, new things, and new people.
Instead of rushing through my airport, I am choosing rest. Instead of worrying about what could happen on the plane or what my destination will look like or what I will do once I get there, I am choosing joy and peace. I am learning to wait with anticipation and not with anxiety.
Anticipation for the future. Anticipation for the good things. Anticipation for the learning and growing moments. Anticipation for who I will become.
I am learning to wait with the Lord. And also learning what “wait” means. I think waiting is less of a “just sit here until someone tells me it’s time to go” and more of a sweet rest. Resting in His promises and resting in His word. Resting in the knowledge of the truth.
Waiting doesn’t have to be terrible. And neither do airports. If you know how to appreciate them.
No comments:
Post a Comment