"I wish to do something Great and Wonderful, but I must start by doing the little things like they were Great and Wonderful."-Albert Einstein
This is such an applicable quote, and one that I have applied to my own life. Many times we dream big but miss the here and now. "I want to do this." "I want to go there." "I would make a bigger impact if I did that." All of these things are great and wonderful, but what about the small things? The things that prepare you for the big ones? The things that you are needed for?
Why must we mope around if we can't do something huge when there is a smaller task staring us in the face?
You may want to be a leader in your state or nation. That is awesome! But right now you need to be a leader in your family. You may want to visit foreign nations, preaching the gospel to thousands of people. That is amazing! But maybe you are needed in the soup kitchen, telling that one girl about Christ.
Sometimes we are needed in ways that don't seem great and wonderful, but they are great and wonderful. You may not become famous or nationally recognized, but that is where God wants you. Matthew 6:1 says, "Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven."
Now don't get me wrong. I am not saying that everyone is prideful in wanting to make an impact. I am saying that we shouldn't get distracted by the things WE want to do when there are things that GOD wants us to do. We shouldn't get distracted by looking for the "big" things that are Great and Wonderful, but we should "start by doing the little things like they are Great and Wonderful."
No comments:
Post a Comment